Gratefulness is so rare among celebrities, rich or powerful people. So it’s really a hallmark of truly beautiful persons.
Audrey Hepburn was an actress, fashion icon and celebrity, but before that she was a teenager in occupied Europe during the World War 2 era. She came from a titled but impoverished family and was physically harmed permanently by malnutrition during that time. She went to bed often with no food. As she worked with the resistance movement against the Nazi regime’s occupation forces, they rescued allied soldiers and hindered the Germans efforts. Yet as an actress with a successful career, she was unfailingly grateful and gracious where many of her fellow actors were crass, entitled, jaded and self-destructive. Her background gave her perspective on her successes and made her truly and deeply beautiful.
So I wanted to do 10 things I’m grateful for just because.
- I’m grateful for food and clothing and an abundance of good things to enjoy
- I’m grateful for shelter and freedom to pursue happiness
- I’m grateful to be able to be creative and express my imagination and heart
- I’m grateful for people who love me
- I’m grateful that as a woman I’m able to live without oppression and not as someone’s property
- I’m grateful to be able to pursue knowing Jesus and talking to Him
- I’m grateful to be able to use the internet to learn and interact and express my life and even sell things I’ve made
- I’m grateful for transportation and washing machines and dishwashers and showers and electricity
- I’m grateful for choices
- I’m grateful for love
What do you have in your life that you are grateful for ? Inside beauty is more important and lasting than any other kind. It’s the only kind you can keep all your life.